Mineral makeup brands literally invade anywhere they go – seriously! I just can confidently say that the effects of mineral makeup on anyone can cause everyone to say wow. This time, mineral makeup invades Whole Foods Market, with Mineral Fusion.
After I have watched the video-makeover of Mineral Fusion on the Whole Foods Market website, the brand got me interested. Jen Gaum , Mineral Fusion expert and makeup artist ( I pressume ), did a great job in introducing mineral makeup to the viewers, as well as answering questions about mineral makeup.
Here are some points that I have learned from the video makeover :
1. It is better to wear mineral makeup than wearing none at all, considering the beneficial ingredients it has ( depending on what brand – Mineral Fusion prides in green tea and other great antioxidants ) and UVA/UVB protection.
2. To open up the eyes more, get a nude or flesh colored eye pencil and apply on the bottom lashline, on the rims of the eyes.
3. The nude or flesh colored eye pencil can also be applied on the sides of the lips for concealing.
4. To achieve a perfect blush, smile, and pat lightly the blush brush on the apples of the cheeks – this is where you want your blush and color to be.
5. A moisture mist, preferably with hyaluronic acid content, is to be sprayed before applying makeup as a freshening primer, and after the whole makeup procedure to set the makeup, give it great staying power, and make it look great all throughout the day.
6. The lip liner’s color must be very close to your lip color in the sense that it shouldn’t be noticeable at all.
7. It confirmed my belief that the denser the brush heads, the fuller the coverage. Jen showed a normal powder brush that is for light coverage, a flat-top looking brush that she called Flawless Face Brush as medium coverage, and the kabuki as the ultimate brush that gives full coverage.
In the end, the girl who was made over looked absolutely glowing and gorgeous, and that further inspired me more to go on with writing, experimenting , and going further with my passion with mineral makeup. One point that I would like to raise is that Jen applied eye makeup prior to applying foundation – I guess the girl’s face was just already flawless that it didn’t need alot of foundation anymore.
Whole Foods Market and Mineral Fusion have a treat for their customers this month – to support Breast Cancer Month, Mineral Fusion’s Fresh Face Starter Kit, retailed at $120, will be sold for $20 ( woah, that’s so far! ) this whole month of October, as proceeds go to Pink United, a non profit organization which helps battle against breast cancer.
Who’s grabbing a kit? It’s so worth a try! Mineral makeup rules! Rush to your nearest Whole Foods Market and get a kit, get to help a nonprofit organization, and get to be beautiful and glowing!