Ways of applying mineral makeup foundation, specially the loose ones, are practically endless. The most basic application is applying it dry on a well-moisturized face, and some use the sponge to apply it too. Applying the mineral foundation wet is one of those unique ways that helps you achieve that liquid foundation airbrushed finish. For those who have extra tips about this, I’d love to hear from you ( please do share! ) , for those who want to try this, here’s how!
Pre step one : Moisturize your face with your favorite moisturizer, or even moisture spray!
Step number 1 :
Tap some product on the lid of your foundation jar, just enough for one application.
Step number 2 :
Swirl your kabuki brush or application brush to get some product.
Step number 3 :
Tap off the excess, this time, gently! Don’t tap off too much, because you won’t have any left for the next step!
Step number 4 :
Get your spritzer, and at a good distance ( a feet? or 6 inches away? Haha! ), and spray some water to your kabuki brush twice. It would look semi-damp.
Step number 5 :
Buff as usual. You will notice some creaminess on your complexion because it is applied wet. Coverage would be heavier, and aim for an even application to make the most out of this awesome technique!
Step number 6 :
Apply the usuals – eyes, cheeks, lips, and finish with a dry application of finishing powder.
Step number 7:
Optional : Lightly lightly spritz your face with your moisture mist to set it.
Voila! A liquid mineral foundation look! I really really promise that I would provide a video for this. I am so longing to do this. Please I hope it’d be soon! Haha! Hey! Another way to apply it “wet” is by mixing your loose foundation with your favorite cream moisturizer. Make sure to mix it somewhere away from your full pot of mineral foundation
Anyway, here are some spritzers that I would recommend for a great “kabuki-damper” for that even, flawless, airbrushed look :
1. Evian Spray Mist – the easiest thing to find anywhere! I’ve been using this lately, and it hasn’t failed me yet. I just think of it as moisturizing water.
2. Nu Skin NAPCA Moisture Mist – I personally love this! The hyaluronic acid component of this moisture mist is just really good. Keeps my face hydrated all day long.
3. Sevi Organics Hydrosol Tonics – I’ve heard so much about Sevi Kay’s products, being all organic and natural. ( Imagine shampoos having no SLS? That’s almost impossible! Well, Sevi must have done the impossible then! ). Her hydrosol sprays come in various variants, namely Carrot Seed Hydrosol Tonic -for Dry/Sensitive Skin, Turkish Rose Hydrosol for normal, mature skin, and Tunisian Orange Blossom for oily and acne-prone skin. I’ll write a review sometime for this!
4. D20 Spray- this fruity spray is also called heavy water that retains moisture in the face and keeps makeup looking fresh all day. Widely used by mineral makeup mavens out there!
Update : Oh my god, how could I have forgotten spray # 5? Apologies! here it is…
5. Mac Fix+ Spray – this herb infused, and caffeine mixed tonic perks the skin up, as well as helps keep makeup stay all day long. My friends have been raving about this for having exceptional qualities of working well with mineral makeup!
So, haven’t gotten your mist? Go get one now! It’s fun to play with minerals! wheee!
What’s not to love about playing and being beautiful! Woohoo!